By Mylene Santos
Appearing natural is such an ideal look every woman struggles to have. Basically, when applying make-up, we go overboard and regret looking odd. For starters, it is a must to know your skin type, tone, and texture when purchasing cosmetics.
As for foundation base, here are five essential tips for choosing your perfect shade.
1. Consider the intensity of your skin color- how light or deep is your skin color? Foundation bases are formulated to suit very light, light, light-medium, medium-deep, deep or very deep skin color. If you are not sure of your skin color, try the assistance of the cosmetics sales consultant before buying any foundation.
2. Think about your undertone- .Look closely at your bare skin to check your undertone. Usually, undertones vary from rosy or pink to golden or yellow. If you have a rosy undertone, that means you can opt for foundation base that has a cool undertone. If you have a golden undertone, it means you can use warm undertone. If it’s a combination of rosy and golden undertone, choose a foundation base for neutral undertone.
3. Tanned skin color- If you go for regular tanning, you might want to purchase a foundation base that matches your tanned skin, not your pale complexion. Note also that your skin tone varies in different areas of your face. Keep close watch to adding shade where the sun hits your skin such as nose and forehead.
4. Foundation base should be tested on your face, not on your hand- The best foundation base is one that almost disappears into the skin, meaning it should be the closest match to your skin color. Skin undertones on face and on hand could be different, so better test at least three swatches on your face, preferably your jawline, rather than test it on your hand.
5. Seek the advice of beauty experts- rather than keep guessing and feel frustrated with foundation base purchases you cannot use, consult beauty professionals. They can help you identify your beauty formula, i.e., whether sheer, medium or full coverage; luminous, semi-matte or matte finish; or whether you have a dry, normal/combination or oily skin type.
Of course, there would be days when you just want to look bare and natural, and still want to look your best. Nothing beats fresh and younger-looking and whiter skin on any day. That is the skin promise of New Placenta by Psalmstre.
New Placenta has a complete beauty skin care product line that ensures flawlessly fair and youthful skin. From herbal beauty soaps (Classic and With Goat’s Milk), to day and night cream, and hand and body lotion, you can be sure to look naturally stunning.
New Placenta by Psalmstre are widely distributed nationwide in leading pharmacies, supermarkets, and department stores. For interested distributors, check Psalmstre and New Placenta Facebook pages, or call (02) 715 2500 or mobile number 0919 8076492.